Meeting Today’s Standards for Job Site Safety
Audits and checklists developed for each specific job and/or functions tailored for your need and future use.
OSHA Standards for Jobsite Safety. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is a federal agency that sets and enforces safety and health standards for the workplace in the United States. These standards are designed to protect workers from hazards and to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. Auditing them is an important part of meeting requirements. The Foy safety team can assist in the creation of customized audit checklists for each specific job and/or function so it is tailored to your business needs.
OSHA standards apply to a wide range of industries and work environments, including construction sites, manufacturing facilities, and office buildings. Some common OSHA standards that apply to job site safety include:
- Hazard communication: OSHA’s hazard communication standard requires employers to inform workers about the hazards present in the workplace and to provide them with the necessary information and training to protect themselves from these hazards.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): OSHA’s personal protective equipment standard requires employers to provide workers with the appropriate PPE for the job, such as hard hats, safety glasses, and earplugs. Employers must also ensure that workers are trained in how to use and care for their PPE.
- Fall protection: OSHA’s fall protection standard requires employers to provide fall protection systems, such as guardrails, safety netting, and fall arrest systems, for workers who are at risk of falling from heights.
- Scaffolding: OSHA’s scaffolding standard requires employers to provide safe scaffolding systems for workers who are working at heights. This includes requirements for the design, construction, and use of scaffolding systems.
- Electrical safety: OSHA’s electrical safety standards require employers to provide safe electrical systems and to protect workers from electrical hazards such as shock, electrocution, and burns.
A few of the items our team will help with during physical walkthroughs of your job site(s) include:
- Accurate Jobsite Record Keeping and Requirements
- Confined Space Evaluation
- Concrete Placement Requirements
- Excavation Safety Evaluation
- Ladder Inspection
- High Lift/Forklift, Telescopic Handler Inspection
- Respirable Crystalline Silica
It is important for employers to be aware of all applicable OSHA standards and to ensure they are following them to maintain a safe and healthy work environment. If you have any questions about OSHA standards for jobsite safety, please contact us. Our team is happy to help.
Foy Safety can help your company with all Job Site Safety & Health Audits!
If you have questions about what Foy Safety can do for your company, consider visiting our FAQ page! If you cannot find the answer there, write us an email or give us a call!